I’ve decided to bring back some of my older posts from other websites into my wordpress blog in order to bring them all together in one place and also in order to enjoy them once again. This post originally appeared in my “Facebook Notes” on Feb 1, 2009. It was a one of those posts that went viral in the early days of Facebook. I decided to have a little fun with it.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
- I was born Alejandro Gomez Gonzales. My parents changed my name in 2nd grade after it was determined that I was beginning to show signs of a little-known (at the time) ailment called “cultural confusion”.
- I once existed in three different time zones simultaneously.
- In 1992, I was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. I have since petitioned for un-knighthood, having become increasingly uncomfortable with the title of “Sir”.
- I introduced Michelle and Barack Obama.
- I have discovered thirteen new planets.
- I was on the 1996 NBA All-Star roster for the Eastern Conference.
- My work on the Area 51 research project remains classified.
- Most people know that Microsoft stole the Windows interface from Apple, but not many know that Steve Jobs first took it from me. Of course, my screen was a window shade and my mouse was a very small rock, but everything else was pretty much the same.
- Jerry Seinfeld thinks I’m funny.
- I moderated the 1988 vice-presidential debate between Dan Quayle and Lloyd Bensen.
- The movie “Iron Man” is loosely based on my life story.
- I tried to tell Coca-Cola that “New Coke” was a bad idea.
- I know how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie-Roll center of a Tootsie Pop. “Tootsie” has paid me to keep quiet.
- David Letterman gives me advance notice on his Top Ten list each day.
- David Frost only confronted Nixon because I triple-dog-dared him.
- My quest for gold in the 2008 Olympics was thwarted by a freak tanning bed accident.
- George Lucas wanted to do his story as a western until I made the suggestion…what about spaceships?
- I don’t believe in jellybeans.
- I’ve seen time-travel, and you’ll be happy to know that it’s more like “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” than like “Twelve Monkeys”.
- I was one of the hermits in “Herman’s Hermits”.
- I like levitating.
- My input into “The New Deal” was rejected on the premise that it was too visionary.
- I have the Holy Grail in my attic. It’s very nice.
- I can bench press 200. Cows, not pounds- 200 cows.
- I once conducted the London Philharmonic in a rousing medley that included Mozart’s symphony #2, Rage Against the Machine’s “Renegades of Funk” and Billy Ray Cyrus’s “Achy Breaky Heart”.